The latest and greatest version of the AOM software, v3.0.7 has arrived, and it’s chock-full of great new features. Plus squashed bugs, streamlined files, and a great platform for online merchandising. Let’s look at a few of the new features:
- Optional Subcategories – One of the most exciting few features in my book, you can now turn off subcategories on a category by category basis. Excellent for those troublesome cats that give poor or no results. Now you don’t have to throw the baby out with the bathwater!
- BT or BB Subcategories – This feature puts the subcategory box at the top or bottom of the body area. You can select from 1 to 8 columns. Before, this would require a custom table. A very handy feature for stores that may be tight on space. It should also encourage browsing for your customers.
- Bullet Options – Don’t like the standard ‘bullet’ dot in the category boxes? Now you can customize it to any HTML character. Make your store stand out from all the rest!
- Minimum/Maximum Price Options – If you sell high-price items, you may not want to have accessories or low-price merchandise competing for space in your shop. These options allow you focus in on a price range, or eliminate one end or the other entirely. What’s the benefit to you? How about cutting out all those .01 books for starters?
- URLs with Hyphens or Underscores – Something that’s long been talked about in the forum is now available. When setting up a new store, you can choose between hyphens or underscores in the URL name when using Mod_rewrite. This is a fantastic step forward, and could give maximum SEO benefit. But this means there are several more options to choose from when selecting the proper rewrite rules to place in your .htaccess file. Make sure you review it carefully to get the best benefit. Also, it’s not recommended you suddenly change an existing store, as it will mean all your currently indexed pages will no longer work. This could plunge a well-established store quite far down the rankings.
- IP Filtering – You can now effectively ban unwanted visitors to your store, either individually, or an entire range. A handy tool if needed, but make sure you’re not keeping ‘good’ customers away, or mistakenly ban yourself!
There are several other features included, but these are some of the main ones. You can read up on everything that’s included here. Associate-O-Matic has shown again why it’s the #1 program for Amazon Affiliate online shopping. Anyone using the Lite version is encouraged to support further development by purchasing the full license. Lots of people have, and have not been disappointed!
Now, what can we add for v3.0.8…?